I haven’t decided if I am going to enjoy having the kids home for summer this year or not. But, for this mom with a daily to do list a mile long, this summer is not going to be pleasant. This is what I learned so far from having my kids home for a half a day:
- They are all strong willed and stubborn just like their mom.
- Screaming at each other is a favorite past time when kids 2, 3 and 4 don’t do what kid 1 wants.
- Parrot is the only kid motivated to do the new behavior chart for summer.
- Locking my bedroom door in order to get some work done only attracts door knocking and yelling for Mom every 10 minutes.
- Setting up the kiddie pool outside for the kids just makes the fore casted 80 degree, sunny weather to change to 70 degrees and wind.
- Sleeping in isn’t an option for Mom during the summer months, because it just makes Parrot mad. He is very vocal when he is mad.
- No matter how many times Mom explains how to get along the kids will not know the meaning of those two words.